Reference Pricing for Pharmaceuticals
In 1989, the first reference prices have been defined by authorities in Germany. They become relevant for pharmaceutical manufacturers upon expiry of market exclusivity at the latest, sometimes even earlier when “Jumbo Groups” are formed together with patent-protected and patent-free products. With AMNOG it is even possible to integrate pharmaceuticals directly into reference price groups.
Reference pricing follows well defined rules. Hence, it is possible to calculate reference prices in advance, to double check decisions by reimbursement authorities, and to develop your own reimbursement strategy involving reference pricing.
Ecker + Ecker provides excellent long-term expertise in this complex field.
- Simulation of new, and updating of existing reference price groups
- Simulation of changes in prices or sales
- Simulation of pack and market changes
- Reference price risk analysis (also with regard to AMNOG)
- Review of groups defined by G-BA
- Review of reference prices proposed by GKV-SV
- Support in hearings
- Reference price trainings
Ecker + Ecker develops and sells its own software for the calculation of reference prices.
Dr. Christof Ecker
Phone +49 (40) 41 33 081-13